- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Red Rock Canyon State Park
Check Rates from our Partners
Red Rock Canyon State Park Review
Open year-round, the park's Ricardo Campground is in the colorful cliff region of the southern El Paso Mountains, where there are lots of hiking trails. Spring and fall fill quickly, so be sure to arrive early to get a spot. The drive-in sites are remote and beautiful, with wonderful views of the cliffs.
- Address: Off Hwy. 14, 30 mi southwest of Ridgecrest, Palmdale, CA 93519
- Phone: 661/942–0662
- Location: Bishop
- Reservations not accepted.
- 50 sites.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
I've recently completed a few shorter roadtrips (All departing from Toronto, Ontario and going to places such as Virginia, Kentucky, and Florida). I'm graduating university shortly and have managed Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more