The Mojave Desert Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking in the Mojave Desert
Hiking trails are abundant throughout the desert and along the eastern base of the Sierra, meandering toward sights that you can't see from the road. Some of the best trails are unmarked; ask locals for directions. Among the prime hiking spots is the John Muir Trail, which starts near Mt. Whitney. Whether you're exploring the high or low desert, wear sunblock, protective clothing, and a hat. Watch for tarantulas, black widows, scorpions, snakes, and other creatures.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's