- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Owens Valley is trout country; its glistening alpine lakes and streams are brimming with feisty rainbow, brown, brook, and golden trout. Popular spots include Owens River, the Owens River gorge, and Pleasant Valley Reservoir. Although you can fish year-round here, some fishing is catch-and-release. Bishop is the site of fishing derbies throughout the year, including the popular Blake Jones Blind Bogey Trout Derby, in March.
Brock's Flyfishing Specialists and Tackle Experts. Whether you want to take a fly-fishing class or a guided wade trip, Brock's Flyfishing Specialists and Tackle Experts is a valuable resource. 100 N. Main St., Bishop, CA, 93514. 760/872–3581 or 888/619–3581. www.brocksflyfish.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's