- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Death Valley's gateway to the central and western Mojave, the pit-stop town of Baker has several gas stations, some fast-food outlets, a few motels, and a general store that claims to sell the most winning Lotto tickets in California.
Elsewhere in The Mojave Desert
- Cerro Gordo Ghost Town
- Lone Pine
- Manzanar National Historic Site
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's