- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are two routes to Idyllwild from interstates; both are slow and winding, but they reward you with some great mountain views. From Interstate 15 south of Lake Elsinore, you can take Highway 74 to the top of the mountain. Scenic Highway 243 takes off from Banning on Interstate 10. Once you get to Idyllwild, you'll discover that you can walk nearly everywhere in the village. You'll need to drive to trailheads, fishing holes, and rock-climbing locations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's