- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Big Bear Lake
When Angelenos say they're going to the mountains, they usually mean Big Bear, where a collection of Alpine-style villages surrounds a 7-mile-long lake. The south shore of the lake is busy with ski slopes, animal parks, a gorgeous B&B, water sports, lodging, and restaurants. You'll find quiet country walks, biking trails, and splendid alpine scenery along the north shore.
Big Bear Lake at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Inland Empire
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe