- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Fly Stretch. Below the Lewiston Dam, east of Weaverville on Highway 299, is the Fly Stretch of the Trinity River, an excellent fly-fishing area. Weaverville, CA.
Pine Cove Boat Ramp. This ramp on Lewiston Lake provides fishing access for those with disabilities—decks here are built over prime trout-fishing waters. Weaverville, CA, 96052.
Weaverville Ranger Station. Check here for maps and information about hiking trails in the Trinity Alps Wilderness. 360 Main St., Weaverville, CA, 96093. 530/623–2121.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's