- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For the cheapest fares, fly into Sacramento and then rent a car—you'll need one anyway—and drive north. Chico and Redding, both served by United Express, have small airports. Neither has shuttle service, but you can take a taxi for about $30 to downtown Redding and $21 to downtown Chico.
Chico Municipal Airport (150 Airpark Blvd., off Cohasset Rd., Chico, CA, 95973. 530/896–7200. www.chico.ca.us/airport/home_page.asp.)
Redding Municipal Airport (6751 Woodrum Circle, off Airport Rd., Redding, CA, 96002. 530/224–4320. www.ci.redding.ca.us/transeng/airports/rma.htm.)
Taxi Service, Chico (530/893–4444 or 530/342–2929.)
Taxi Service, Redding (530/246–0577 or 530/222–1234.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's