The Far North Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Far North Hotel Reviews
Aside from the large chain hotels and motels in Redding and Chico, most accommodations in the Far North blend rusticity, simplicity, and coziness. Rooms in Redding, Chico, and Red Bluff usually are booked solid only during popular local events. Wilderness resorts close in fall and reopen after the snow season ends in May. For summer holiday weekends in towns such as Mt. Shasta, Dunsmuir, and Chester, and at camping sites within state or national parks, make lodging reservations well in advance.
California Association of Bed & Breakfast Inns (CA. 800/373-9251. www.cabbi.com/region/Mount-Shasta.)
Browse The Far North Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's