The Far North Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Mother Nature's wonders: California's Far North has more rivers, streams, lakes, forests, and mountains than you'll ever have time to explore.
Rock and roll: With two volcanoes to entice you—Lassen and Shasta—you can learn firsthand what happens when a mountain blows its top.
Fantastic fishing: Whether you like casting from a riverbank or letting your line bob beside a boat, you'll find fabulous fishing in all the northern counties.
Cool hops: On a hot day there's nothing quite as inviting as a visit to Chico's world-famous Sierra Nevada Brewery. Take the tour and then savor a chilled glass on tap at the adjacent brewpub.
Shasta: Wonderful in all its forms: lake, dam, river, mountain, forest, and town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe