- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Roeding Park Review
Tree-shaded Roeding Park is a place of respite on hot summer days; it has picnic areas, playgrounds, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, and a zoo. A train, little race cars, paddleboats, a carousel, and other rides for kids are among the amusements at Playland. Children can explore attractions with fairy-tale themes at Rotary Storyland.
Fresno Chaffee Zoo. The zoo's most striking exhibit is its tropical rain forest, where you'll encounter exotic birds along paths and bridges. Elsewhere at the zoo live tigers, grizzly bears, sea lions, tule elk, camels, elephants, and siamang apes. The facility has a high-tech reptile house and there's a petting zoo. Roeding Park, 894 W. Belmont Ave., east of Hwy. 99, 93728. 559/498–5910. www.fresnochaffeezoo.org. $7. Apr.–Sept., daily 9–6; Oct.–Mar., daily 9–4.
- Address: 890 W Belmont Ave., at Olive Ave. Fresno, CA 93728 | Map It
- Phone: 559/498–1551
- Cost: Roeding Park $5 per vehicle; Playland free (rides $1.50–$3); Storyland $5
- Hours: Park daily Apr.–Oct. 6 am–10 pm, Nov.–Mar. 6 am–7 pm; Playland weekends 10–6; Storyland weekends 10–4, plus some holidays
- Website: storylandplayland.com
- Location: Fresno
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more