- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Oakdale was founded as an orchard community and, in a real stretch, calls itself the Cowboy Capital of the World. Formerly the home of a Hershey's chocolate factory, the city continues to hold the Oakdale Chocolate Festival, on the third weekend in May. The main attraction of this sweet event, which attracts more than 50,000 people each year, is Chocolate Avenue, where vendors proffer cakes, cookies, ice cream, fudge, and cheesecake. The Oakland Chamber of Commerce can provide more details.
Oakdale at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Central Valley
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's