The Central Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Down under: Forestiere Underground Gardens is not the flashiest tourist attraction in California, but it is one of the strangest—and oddly inspirational.
Grape escape: In the past two decades, Lodi's wineries have grown sufficiently in stature for the charming little town to become a must-sip destination.
Port with authority: Stockton has long been a hub for merchandise that is being transferred from roadway to waterway—or vice versa. Watch some of that commotion in commerce from the riverfront downtown area.
Go with the flow: White-water rafting will get your blood pumping, and maybe your clothes wet, on the Stanislaus River near Oakdale.
Hee haw!: Kick up your heels and break out your drawl at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, a city some believe is the heart of country music.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's