- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue & Gold Fleet has a three-and-a-half-hour narrated tour of the San Francisco Bay, for $46, with frequent daily departures from Pier 39 in San Francisco. Super Sightseeing offers a four-hour bus tour of Muir Woods. The tour, which stops in Sausalito en route, leaves at 9 am and 2 pm daily from North Point and Taylor Street at Fisherman's Wharf and costs $52 ($50 senior citizens, $27 ages 5-11); 24-hour advance reservations are recommended. Great Pacific Tour Co. runs four-hour morning and afternoon tours of Muir Woods and Sausalito for $55 ($53 senior citizens, $43 ages 5-11), with hotel pickup, in 14-passenger vans with excellent interpretation.
By Bus and Van
Great Pacific Tour Co. (415/626–4499. www.greatpacifictour.com.)
Super Sightseeing (415/353–5310. www.supersightseeing.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's