- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Sea Trek Ocean Kayaking and SUP Center. The center offers guided half-day sea-kayaking trips underneath the Golden Gate Bridge and full- and half-day trips to Angel Island, both for beginners. Starlight and full-moon paddles are particularly popular. Trips for experienced kayakers, classes, and rentals are also available. Prices start at $20 per hour for rentals; $65 for a three-hour guided trip. Schoonmaker Point Marina, off Libertyship Way, Sausalito, CA, 94965. 415/332–8494. www.seatrek.com.
SF Bay Adventures. This outfit's expert skippers conduct sunset and full-moon sails around the bay, as well as fascinating eco and whale-watching tours with the possibility of viewing great white sharks. If you're interested, they can arrange for you to barbecue on Angel Island or even spend the night in a lighthouse. 60 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 4, Sausalito, CA, 94965. 415/331–0444. www.sfbayadventures.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe