- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Manka's Inverness Lodge
At a Glance
- extremely romantic, remote and quiet
- no on-site restaurant
- sounds from neighboring rooms are easily heard
- some question the value for the price
Check Rates from our Partners
Manka's Inverness Lodge Review
Chef-owner Margaret Grade takes rustic fantasy to extravagant heights in her 1917 hunting lodge and cabins, where mica-shaded lamps cast an amber glow, and bearskin rugs warm wide-planked floors. Each element—feather beds, deep leather armchairs, huge soaking tubs—bespeaks sensuous indulgence, but this is a private hideaway, not a swanky resort. Dinner is available for lodging guests only in the form of a fireside supper or in-room picnic. Locally sourced and seasonal ingredients from within a 15-mile radius make for boldly flavorful dishes that change daily according to what comes in from farmers, fishermen, and foragers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more