- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Play Review
Every May and June, locals tote overstuffed picnic baskets to the Mountain Theater to see the Mountain Play, popular musicals such as The Music Man and My Fair Lady. Depending on the play, this can be a great family activity. Summer 2013 marked the 100th anniversary of this Bay Area tradition.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to SF, One Way Virgin America
- $194-$234 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 30% Off BookIt.com
- $103 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $119-$159 -- Weekends at Oakland Hotel by Berkeley, 50% Off — $119-$159 Oakland Marriott City Center
- $204-$220 -- Downtown San Francisco Hotel in Summer — $204-$220 Holiday Inn Civic Center
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
we will be disembarking in Los Angeles from a cruise in January. Read more