- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Shops and cafés pack this pleasant neighborhood centered on College Avenue, just south of the U.C. campus. You'll know you're here when you see the logo for the beloved art-house cinema and performance space, the Elmwood theater, near College and Ashby avenues, though you're just as apt to see a line snaking outside nearby Ici Ice Cream, at 2948 College. All the treats here are made on the premises. While you're waiting, check out the architectural details of the nearby pre-World War II storefronts. Century-old shingled houses line the tree-shaded streets nearby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went to Calistoga for wine and relaxation, i.e. mud baths, and I was happy except for the lack of affordable wineries? Does anyone have any recommendations for affordable wineries in and around Napa? Read more
Hello all! Read more
Hi, we are doing a 4-day trip to San Diego very impromptu. Read more