- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hawk Hill Review
Craggy Hawk Hill is the best place on the West Coast to watch the migration of eagles, hawks, and falcons as they fly south for winter. The main migration period is from September through November. As many as one thousand birds have been sighted in a single day. The viewing area is about 2 miles up Conzelman Road from U.S. 101; look for a Hawk Hill sign, right before the road becomes one way. In September and October, on rain- and fog-free weekends at noon, people from the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory give free lectures on Hawk Hill, and a raptor-banding demonstration follows at 1 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $127 & up -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $136 & up -- San Francisco Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $199 -- San Francisco Hotel near Fisherman's Wharf — $199 Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off — $159 Westin St. Francis
- $131 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf — $131 Hotwire.com
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
Sorry for some really dumb questions...I haven't stayed in the San Francisco area in years!
It's a very last minute plan, but I'd like to see my "almost" daughter's graduation from Stanford in June. I'd Read more