- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Nike Missile Site
Nike Missile Site Review
For a look at a relatively recent episode in the area's military history, head to the now defunct Nike Missile Site, above Fort Barry, which is the only accessible site of its kind in the United States. It gives you a firsthand view of menacing Hercules missiles and missile-tracking radar. Free, guided tours take place at 1, 2, and 3 pm. The site is closed to the public during inclement weather, so call ahead to confirm open hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more