- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
The Ritz-Carlton Review
With its enormous and elegantly decorated rooms, secluded oceanfront property, and a staff that waits on guests hand and foot, this golf and spa resort defines opulence. Attention to detail is remarkable, right down to the silver service, china, and 300-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets. During cocktail hour, view the ocean from the plush Conservatory Lounge, or from under a heavy blanket on an Adirondack chair on the lawn; visit the wine bar Eno anytime. The main restaurant, Navio, is suitably decadent, with a kitchen that turns local fish and produce into dishes like goat ricotta ravioli with toasted walnuts, pan-seared diver scallops with sunchokes, and braised beef short rib hash with eggs and glazed turnips.
Queen of the Coastal Peninsula
Overlooking miles of iconic California coastline, Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay perfectly mirrors the laid-back elegance and dramatic beauty of the Northern California coast. One of the oldest settlements in San Mateo County, the resort lies smack in the middle of a number of distinct ecosystems: stick to the coast for world class beaches, horseback riding, and oceanfront dining. The awe-inspiring redwood forests are just a few miles inland and in the Santa Cruz Mountain region, more than 70 wineries are open for tastings. All guest rooms, both in the six-story main building and the separate Guest Houses, are enormous and elegantly decorated, with remarkable attention to detail.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $194-$234 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel, 30% Off BookIt.com
- $103 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $204-$220 -- Downtown San Francisco Hotel in Summer — $204-$220 Holiday Inn Civic Center
- $159 & up -- Historic San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% Off — $159 Westin St. Francis
- $107 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel Near Embarcadero — $107 Hotwire.com
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
we will be disembarking in Los Angeles from a cruise in January. Read more