- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- great location
- lovely views
- passing trains can be noisy
- parking is pricey
- hotel is beginning to show its age
Check Rates from our Partners
Waterfront Hotel Review
The only waterfront hotel in town, this thoroughly modern, pleasantly appointed Joie de Vivre property sits among the appealing restaurants (including the hotel's own) of Jack London Square. Some rooms in the hotel's five-story section overlook the square—Read: cement—and have shared balconies; it's worth an upgrade to a water-view room with a private balcony facing the water. Some rooms have fireplaces.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more