The architectural centerpiece of the Old St. Hilary's Landmark and Wildflower Preserve is a stark-white 1886 Carpenter Gothic church that overlooks the town and the bay from its hillside perch. Surrounding the church, which was barged over from Strawberry Point in 1957, is a wildflower preserve that's spectacular in May and June, when the rare black jewelflower blooms. Expect a steep walk uphill to reach the preserve. The hiking trails behind the landmark wind up to a
peak that has 360-degree views of the entire Bay Area (great photo op).