- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- stunning views and numerous activities: a cooking school, yoga classes, and nature walks
- spa with a tea bar
- art gallery
- landscaping feels incomplete
- isolated from urban amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Cavallo Point Review
Set in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, this luxury hotel and resort's location is truly one of a kind, featuring turn-of-the-20th-century buildings converted into well-appointed yet eco-friendly rooms. Both historic and contemporary guest rooms are scattered around the property, a former Army post. Most of them overlook a massive lawn with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay. The staff is accommodating and helpful. Murray Circle, the on-site restaurant, serves top-notch California ingredients and has an impressive wine cellar. The neighboring casual bar offers food and drink on a large porch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more