- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Cafe Gibraltar Review
While the cuisine here is broadly called Mediterranean, in the kitchen of chef-owner Jose Luiz Ugalde that term can mean lamb shoulder braised with artichoke hearts and house-cured olives in a tomato sauce, or pot au feu with fresh local Dungeness crab and other seafood simmered in a tomato-saffron broth. The imaginative dishes are served in a warm, pretty dining room; peach walls are lighted by flickering candles, and the booths are adorned with curtains and pillows. Two miles south of Moss Beach on the east side of the highway, the restaurant is a bit hard to find—but definitely worth the hunt. At signs for Pillar Point Harbor, turn inland onto Capistrano Road, then right onto Alhambra.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more