- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Duarte's Tavern Review
Though it periodically catches the attention of the national press, this 19th-century roadhouse—say DOO-arts—continues to serve simple American fare with a modest, hometown attitude. The restaurant's bar, for instance, is a great place to sip a whiskey; but it's also the town's liquor store, which means some locals take their orders to go. The no-frills dining room offers a solid menu based on locally grown vegetables and fresh fish. House specialties include abalone, artichoke soup, and old-fashioned olallieberry pie à la mode (which Life magazine once named best in the United States).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more