The Bay Area Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Things to Do in the Bay Area
Walk among giants: Walking into Muir Woods, a mere 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, is like entering a cathedral built by God.
Sip some coffee: Lytton Square in downtown Mill Valley is a tranquil place to soak up some sun, caffeine, and a real local "hanging out" kind of vibe.
Bite into the "Gourmet Ghetto": Eat your way through this area of Berkeley, starting with a slice of pizza from the Cheese Board.
Sit on a dock by the bay: Admire the beauty of the Bay Area from the rocky, picturesque shores of Sausalito.
Find solitude at Point Reyes National Seashore: Head here to hike beautifully rugged—and deserted—beaches.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's