- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Silver City Mountain Resort
At a Glance
- rustic setting
- friendly staff
- "off the grid" ambience
- electricity (by generator) available only between noon and 10 pm
Check Rates from our Partners
Silver City Mountain Resort Review
High on Mineral King Road, this privately owned resort has rustic cabins and Swiss-style chalets, all with at least a stove, refrigerator, and sink. While the more expensive chalets have full bathrooms and kitchens, the cabins share a central shower and bath (two cabins have toilets but no showers). The spacious grounds contain several inviting hammocks and a babbling brook, and deer are likely to meander through at any time.
- Address: Mineral King Rd., 21 miles southeast of Rte. 198, Sequoia National Park, CA 93271 | Map It
- Phone: 559/561–3223
- Website: www.silvercityresort.com
- Location: Sequoia National Park
- 11 units, 6 with shared bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more