- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Silver City Mountain Resort
At a Glance
- rustic setting
- friendly staff
- "off the grid" ambience
- electricity (by generator) available only between noon and 10 pm
Check Rates from our Partners
Silver City Mountain Resort Review
High on Mineral King Road, this privately owned resort has rustic cabins and Swiss-style chalets, all with at least a stove, refrigerator, and sink. While the more expensive chalets have full bathrooms and kitchens, the cabins share a central shower and bath (two cabins have toilets but no showers). The spacious grounds contain several inviting hammocks and a babbling brook, and deer are likely to meander through at any time.
- Address: Mineral King Rd., 21 miles southeast of Rte. 198, Sequoia National Park, CA 93271 | Map It
- Phone: 559/561–3223
- Website: www.silvercityresort.com
- Location: Sequoia National Park
- 11 units, 6 with shared bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
Hi, I am very new to this site and the whole idea of posting a message. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more