- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
John Muir Lodge
At a Glance
- open year-round
- common room stays warm
- lodge is far enough from the main road to be quiet
- check-in is down in the village
Check Rates from our Partners
John Muir Lodge Review
This modern, timber-sided lodge occupies a wooded area in the hills above Grant Grove Village. The rooms and suites all have queen-size beds and private baths, and there is a comfortable common room where you can play cards and board games, or peruse a loaner book. Look above the stone fireplace at a giant painting of Muir himself, shown relaxing on a rock by a meadow.
- Address: Kings Canyon Scenic Byway, ¼ mi north of Grant Grove Village, Kings Canyon National Park, CA 93633 | Map It
- Phone: 877/522–6966
- Website: www.visitsequoia.com/kings-canyon.aspx
- Location: Kings Canyon National Park
- 36 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went to Calistoga for wine and relaxation, i.e. mud baths, and I was happy except for the lack of affordable wineries? Does anyone have any recommendations for affordable wineries in and around Napa? Read more
Hello all! Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more