- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
John Muir Lodge
At a Glance
- open year-round
- common room stays warm
- lodge is far enough from the main road to be quiet
- check-in is down in the village
John Muir Lodge Review
This modern, timber-sided lodge occupies a wooded area in the hills above Grant Grove Village. The rooms and suites all have queen-size beds and private baths, and there is a comfortable common room where you can play cards and board games, or peruse a loaner book. Look above the stone fireplace at a giant painting of Muir himself, shown relaxing on a rock by a meadow.
- Address: Kings Canyon Scenic Byway, ¼ mi north of Grant Grove Village, Kings Canyon National Park, CA 93633 | Map It
- Phone: 877/522–6966
- Website: www.visitsequoia.com/kings-canyon.aspx
- Location: Kings Canyon National Park
- 36 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My partner and I are looking at planing a trip to the West Coast in Aug/Sept of 2014. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more