- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
John Muir Lodge
At a Glance
- open year-round
- common room stays warm
- lodge is far enough from the main road to be quiet
- check-in is down in the village
Check Rates from our Partners
John Muir Lodge Review
This modern, timber-sided lodge occupies a wooded area in the hills above Grant Grove Village. The rooms and suites all have queen-size beds and private baths, and there is a comfortable common room where you can play cards and board games, or peruse a loaner book. Look above the stone fireplace at a giant painting of Muir himself, shown relaxing on a rock by a meadow.
- Address: Kings Canyon Scenic Byway, ¼ mi north of Grant Grove Village, Kings Canyon National Park, CA 93633 | Map It
- Phone: 877/522–6966
- Website: www.visitsequoia.com/kings-canyon.aspx
- Location: Kings Canyon National Park
- 36 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
I spent the last two weeks of March visiting California. Read more
and some people are losing their residences over it. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more