Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Experience
Top Reasons to Go to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Gentle giants: You'll feel small—in a good way—walking among some of the world's largest living things in Sequoia's Giant Forest and Kings Canyon's Grant Grove.
Because it's there: You can't even glimpse it from the main part of Sequoia, but the sight of majestic Mt. Whitney is worth the trek to the eastern face of the High Sierra.
Underground exploration: Far older even than the giant sequoias, the gleaming limestone formations in Crystal Cave will draw you along dark, marble passages.
A grander-than-Grand Canyon: Drive the twisting Kings Canyon Scenic Byway down into the jagged, granite Kings River Canyon, deeper in parts than the Grand Canyon.
Regal solitude: To spend a day or two hiking in a subalpine world of your own, pick one of the 11 trailheads at Mineral King.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's