Horseback Riding in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Trips take you through redwood forests, flowering meadows, across the Sierra, or even up to Mt. Whitney. Costs per person range from $25 for a one-hour guided ride to around $200 per day for fully guided trips for which the packers do all the cooking and camp chores.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Grant Grove Stables. Grant Grove Stables isn't too far from parts of Sequoia National Park and is perfect for short rides. www.visitsequoia.com/grant-grove-stables.aspx.
Horse Corral Pack Station. One- and two-hour trips through Sequoia are available for beginning and advanced riders. Big Meadow Rd., 12 miles east of Generals Hwy. (Rte. 198) between Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks, Sequoia National Park, CA, 93262. 559/565–3404 in summer; 559/564–6429 year-round. $40–$75. May–Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's