Fishing in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's limited trout fishing, bagging minimal hauls, in the creeks and rivers from late April to mid-November. The Kaweah River is a popular spot; check at visitor centers for open and closed waters. Some of the park's secluded backcountry lakes have good fishing. A California fishing license is $11.30 for one day, $17.60 for two days, $34.90 for 10 days (discounts are available for state residents) and is required for persons 16 and older. For park regulations, closures, and restrictions, call the parks at 559/565-3341 or stop at a park visitor center. Licenses and fishing tackle are usually available in Lodgepole. California Department of Fish and Game. The department supplies fishing licenses and provides a full listing of regulations. 916/653–7661. www.dfg.ca.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's