- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Piedras Blancas Light Station
Piedras Blancas Light Station Review
If you think traversing craggy, twisting Highway 1 is tough, imagine trying to navigate a boat up the rocky coastline (piedras blancas means "white rocks" in Spanish) near San Simeon before lighthouses were built. Captains must have cheered wildly when the beam began to shine here in 1875. Try to time a visit to include a morning tour (reservations not required). Do not meet at the gate to the lighthouse—you'll miss the tour. Meet your guide instead at the former Piedras Blancas Motel, a mile and a half north of the light station.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hi, we are doing a 4-day trip to San Diego very impromptu. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrities and hundreds of film fans will soon flock to the 29th annual Santa Barbara International Film ... Read more
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure.... Read more
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa... Read more