- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- 360-degree views
- spacious pool area
- comfortable beds
- steep paths
- no private bathrooms
- not good for families with young children
Treebones Resort Review
Perched on a hilltop, surrounded by national forest and stunning, unobstructed ocean views, this yurt resort provides a stellar back-to-nature experience along with creature comforts. The yurts here—circular structures of heavy-duty fabric, on individual platforms with decks—are designed for upscale camping. Each has one or two queen beds with patchwork quilts, wicker furniture, and pine floors. Electricity and hot and cold running water come to you, but you have to walk to squeaky-clean bathhouse and restroom facilities. The sunny main lodge has a big fireplace, games, and a well-stocked sundries and gift shop. In the evening, the on-site Wild Coast Restaurant (open daily) and a deck-side sushi bar (open six days a week) serve dishes prepared with fresh, organic, local ingredients. Younger children have difficulty on the steep paths between buildings.
- Address: 71895 Hwy. 1, Willow Creek Rd., 32 miles north of San Simeon, 1 mile north of Gorda CA 93920 | Map It
- Phone: 805/927–2390; 877/424–4787
- Website: www.treebonesresort.com
- Location: Southern Big Sur
- 16 yurts, 5 campsites, 1 human nest w/campsite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure.... Read more
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa... Read more
Santa Barbara's beautiful and historic El Encanto Hotel, which shuttered in 2006 for massive upgrades... Read more