- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- 360-degree views
- spacious pool area
- comfortable beds
- steep paths
- no private bathrooms
- not good for families with young children
Check Rates from our Partners
Treebones Resort Review
Perched on a hilltop, surrounded by national forest and stunning, unobstructed ocean views, this yurt resort provides a stellar back-to-nature experience along with creature comforts. The yurts here—circular structures of heavy-duty fabric, on individual platforms with decks—are designed for upscale camping. Each has one or two queen beds with patchwork quilts, wicker furniture, and pine floors. Electricity and hot and cold running water come to you, but you have to walk to squeaky-clean bathhouse and restroom facilities. The sunny main lodge has a big fireplace, games, and a well-stocked sundries and gift shop. In the evening, the on-site Wild Coast Restaurant (open daily) and a deck-side sushi bar (open six days a week) serve dishes prepared with fresh, organic, local ingredients. Younger children have difficulty on the steep paths between buildings.
- Address: 71895 Hwy. 1, Willow Creek Rd., 32 miles north of San Simeon, 1 mile north of Gorda CA 93920 | Map It
- Phone: 805/927–2390; 877/424–4787
- Website: www.treebonesresort.com
- Location: Southern Big Sur
- 16 yurts, 5 campsites, 1 human nest w/campsite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Since the "Eating Like A Local In L.A." thread has grown quite cumbersome (and a little dated), I thought we might try compiling a guide for those visiting So. Cal (and those of us living here) featuring Read more
· News & Features
Celebrities and hundreds of film fans will soon flock to the 29th annual Santa Barbara International Film ... Read more
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure.... Read more
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa... Read more