- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Hundreds of celebrities, from Oprah Winfrey to Sir Anthony Hopkins, have escaped to Ventana, a romantic resort on 243 tranquil acres 1,200 feet above the Pacific. The activities here are purposely limited. You can sunbathe (one of the pools is clothing-optional), walk or ride horses in the nearby hills, or pamper yourself with mind-and-body treatments at the Spa at Ventana or in your own private quarters. All rooms have walls of natural wood and cool tile floors; some have private hot tubs on their patios.
Big Sur is a romantic location even if your only amenities are a tent and double-occupancy sleeping bag; Ventana Inn & Spa earns our attention by creating a luxuriously romantic atmosphere that respects the spirit of this special landscape. In-room features might include a wood-burning fireplace, in-deck whirlpool, or outdoor hammock. End the day with a spa treatment for two or a long soak in your two-person tub.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $116 & up -- Anaheim Hotels near Disney, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $8.97 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
My dad is super picky with hotels and it looks like either a nice hotel in carmel or monterey is $400 plus or a okay hotel is at least $200-$300.. any recs for a nice, clean , smell free, classy hotel which Read more
· News & Features
Santa Barbara's beautiful and historic El Encanto Hotel, which shuttered in 2006 for massive upgrades... Read more
Santa Barbara is a wine-lover's haven, often called the 'American Riviera.' With the rugged California... Read more
Wine tasting is one thing, but what about winemaking?... Read more