- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In these two neighborhoods, cars equal hassle. Traffic is slow and parking is pricey. Save yourself the frustration and take advantage of the confluence of public transit at Powell and Market streets; buses, BART (Powell Street Station), cable cars, and F-line streetcars run here.
For the love of Buddha, don't drive in Chinatown! The steep, narrow, one-way streets are notoriously difficult to navigate by car. Both Powell lines of the cable-car system pass through. You can also take the 30-Stockton bus; this route is a virtual "Chinatown Express," running from Fisherman's Wharf down Stockton Street through Chinatown to Union Square.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's