- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top 5 Reasons to Go to the Haight, the Castro, and Noe Valley
Castro Theatre: Take in a film at this gorgeous throwback and join the audience shouting out lines, commentary, and songs. Come early and let the Wurlitzer set the mood.
Sunday brunch in the Castro: Recover from Saturday night (with the entire community) at one of the top brunch destinations: Lime (2247 Market), Chow (215 Church), or Tangerine (3499 16th).
Vintage shopping in the Haight: Find the perfect chiffon dress at La Rosa, a pristine faux-leopard coat at Held Over, or the motorcycle jacket of your dreams at Buffalo Exchange.
24th Street stroll: Take a leisurely ramble down lovable Noe Valley's main drag, lined with unpretentious cafés, comfy eateries, and cute one-of-a-kind shops.
Cliff's Variety: Stroll the aisles of the Castro's "hardware" store (479 Castro St.) for lightbulbs, hammers, and pipes (as well as false eyelashes, tiaras, and feather boas) to get a feel for this neighborhood's full-tilt flair.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe