- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For most SoMa visitors, who stick close to SFMOMA and the Yerba Buena Gardens, getting here is a matter of walking roughly 10 minutes from Union Square, less from the Market Street transit.
It's best to reach Civic Center by BART, bus, or F-line. Hoofing it from Union Square requires walking through the unsavory Tenderloin area, and from SoMa it's a long, ugly haul.
After dark, safety concerns dictate a cab for both neighborhoods.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe