- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top 5 Reasons to Go to SoMa and Civic Center
SFMOMA: Big-name modern art exhibits in a durably cool building.
Asian Art Museum: Stand face-to-face with a massive gold Buddha in one of the world's largest collections of Asian art.
Club-hopping in SoMa: Shake it with the cool, friendly crowd that fills SoMa's dance clubs until the wee hours, and all weekend long at the EndUp.
Yerba Buena Gardens: Gather picnic provisions and choose a spot on the grass in downtown's oasis.
Hanging out at Patricia's Green: Grab a cup of coffee or an ice cream—Blue Bottle and Smitten Ice Cream are just around the corner—and head to the narrow swath of park that serves as hopping Hayes Valley's living room. Check out the monumental temporary art exhibit—it always has an interactive element—and the little ones clambering on the fantastic climbing dome.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's