- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Full-blooded Spaniards swear by the paella at this tiny old-world-style bistro with matador art on the wall not far from the crookedest street in the world (Lombard). Also not to be missed is the homemade Sangria, the goat cheese baked in tomato sauce, and poached octopus prepared by chef Lucas Gasco who grew up in Madrid. Opened in 1994, Zarzuela may well have been one of the first tapas restaurants in the Bay Area, and today offers about 30 small plates, as well as a selection of heartier dishes, like a Catalan seafood stew. Arched windows overlook Hyde Street and the cable cars rolling by. Riding the Powell–Hyde line to and from dinner adds to the romance of the evening (plus parking is a nightmare).
- Address: 2000 Hyde St., Russian Hill, San Francisco, CA 94109
- Phone: 415/346–0800
- Location: Mission District
- Reservations not accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My partner and I are looking at planing a trip to the West Coast in Aug/Sept of 2014. Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. ... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more