- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Renaissance San Francisco Stanford Court Hotel
At a Glance
- focus on comfort
- classic elegance
- great location on historic Nob Hill
- up a steep hill from most popular tourist sights
- some guests complain that rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance San Francisco Stanford Court Hotel Review
A stained-glass dome dominates the lobby of this stately but comfortable hotel where once stood the mansion of Big Four railroad baron Leland Stanford. The rooms, decorated in warm tones and furnished with handsome leather chairs and tasteful modern accessories, offer additional elegant touches like 300-thread-count Frette sheets, plush robes, heated towel racks, bathrooms with granite vanities, and nightly turndown service. Interior rooms are smaller than exterior ones but have less noise; the exterior rooms provide splendid views and the constant ding of the passing cable cars. A recent $35 million renovation has made Stanford Court sparkle. Aurea Restaurant offers a seasonal menu of California cuisine; it's a fine place to grab a cocktail after trekking through Nob Hill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more