- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Columbus Motor Inn
At a Glance
- free parking
- affordable rooms
- lively location
- rooms are deep-cleaned every three months
- lacks amenities
- decor is not stylish
- street-facing accommodations can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Columbus Motor Inn Review
Fodorites sing the praises of this affordable motor inn, calling it "a good family hotel if you have a car to park" and touting the lively North Beach location and proximity to Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. Outside, the cable car dings by as guests cozy up in basic rooms decked out with oversize pillows, earth-toned bedding, and large flat-screen TVs. Big windows offer the occasional glimpse of downtown. A helpful staff, free parking, and Wi-Fi add to the allure. Off-season rates are a steal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more