- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel Nikko, San Francisco
At a Glance
- friendly multilingual staff
- tastefully designed rooms
- large indoor pool
- very clean
- antiseptic lobby lacks color
- some may find the atmosphere cold
- expensive parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Nikko, San Francisco Review
The vast surfaces of gray-flecked white marble that dominate the neoclassical lobby of this hotel have the starkness of an airport; however, the crisply designed rooms in muted tones, with flat-screen TVs, modern (and newly renovated) bathrooms with sinks that sit on top of granite bases, plus separate showers and tubs, please the business-traveler clientele. Guest rooms were completely refreshed in 2011 to create a sleek new look highlighting the hotel's Japanese essence, with new bedding, white-leather headboards and desk chairs, and pale-blue curtains. Some higher-end rooms come with complimentary breakfast. The excellent 10,000-square-foot Club Nikko fitness facility has his-and-hers dry saunas and steam rooms, and a glass-enclosed, 16-meter rooftop pool and a whirlpool. The Kanpai cabaret theater, located on the lobby level, is a venue for nostalgia acts. The hotel restaurant Anzu, which also received a makeover, serves California-Japanese cuisine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more