- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- moderately priced
- suites with kitchenettes and Murphy beds are a plus for families with kids
- excellent service
- no air-conditioning
- cramped, out-of-date standard rooms
- can be noisy at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Beresford Arms Review
Surrounded by fancy molding and 10-foot-tall windows, the red-carpet lobby of this brick Victorian explains why the building is on the National Register of Historic Places. Rooms with dark-wood antique-reproduction furniture vary in size and setup: junior suites have sitting areas and either a wet bar or kitchenette with updated appliances; full suites have two queen beds, a Murphy bed, and a kitchen. All suites have a bidet in the bathroom and whirlpool bath. Standard rooms are quite cramped and, frankly, out of date, though they were recarpeted last year. Continental breakfast, afternoon tea, and wine are served beneath a crystal chandelier in the lobby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more