- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Inn San Francisco
At a Glance
- charming antiques
- helpful staff
- location on city's sunny side
- extensive library of books about Northern California history
- free street parking
- pets welcome
- neighborhood can be sketchy at night
- some rooms are a squeeze
- a couple rooms lack a private bathroom
Check Rates from our Partners
The Inn San Francisco Review
No other bed-and-breakfast is as steeped in local lore as Inn San Francisco: this Italianate Victorian mansion once belonged to a city commissioner who struck it rich in the potato business, and was then dubbed the city's "Potato King"; for decades the 27-room mansion has welcomed visitors to the vibrant Mission District. Decked out in ornate poster beds, opulent Oriental rugs, and precious Victorian artifacts, guest quarters are everything from cozy (yes, that means snug) to spacious enough to fit a family (in the garden cottage). All guests have access to a generous buffet breakfast and a hot tub, great for chilly nights—although this inn is located in the warmest slice of San Francisco.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more