- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
A stone's throw from the bay, Yield may be the city's greenest wine bar. Without compromising quality, this intimate place serves up sustainable, organic, and biodynamic wines from around the world. Small plates are also available, usually vegetarian, and change weekly, as does the wine menu. The commitment to a healthier planet isn't only reflected in the food and drink, but also the decor, a mixture of reused wine bottles and wood reclaimed from nearby piers. Public transportation shuts down early at night, so expect to need a taxi back and to wait about 30 minutes for it to arrive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
We are planning to visit the Channel Islands for a day trip in mid June. Read more
· News & Features
With a slew of new openings, the San Francisco restaurant scene is as hot as ever. ... Read more
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports,... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more