- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
At a Glance
- luxury at its finest
- gigantic apartments with heaps of amenities
- bay views from most apartments
- free hotel car to deliver you within a 2-mile radius
- a bit of a trek from downtown
- quite expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square Review
Housed in the former Ghirardelli chocolate factory, these one-to-three-bedroom serviced apartments might possibly be the most luxurious accommodations in San Francisco. Decadent Ghirardelli chocolates at check in and at the nightly turndown are a nod to its history. But beyond bonbons, the effusive staff arranges dining and theater reservations, deposits guests (and picks them up) within a two-mile radius in the hotel's Cadillac Escalades (for free), serves a fine Continental breakfast, plus coffee and tea throughout the day and wine and cheese in the evenings. Spacious apartments—with fully equiped gourmet kitchens, original brick walls, regal marble soaking tubs, plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, in-room iPads, laundry facilities, modern furniture in chocolate and lavender hues, and views of Alcatraz (in bay-view residences)—promise both comfort and style without being stuffy. The homey atmosphere spills into the game lounge throughout the day and out onto the Club terraces, where guests congregate around fire pits and gaze at the bay. In 2012 the hotel added a state-of-the-art fitness center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more