- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- serene environment
- locally favored restaurant
- great neighborhood for repeat visitors
- a bit of a schlep from downtown
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Kabuki Review
A pagoda-style boutique hotel in Japantown, the Kabuki sits two blocks from Fillmore Street and Pacific Heights. All rooms are decorated with Asian furniture, silk-lined kimono robes, Asian kettles, rice-paper shoji screens, ornamental alcoves, and original artwork. Most have their own soaking rooms, which come with a bucket, stool, and a Japanese-style tub (one foot deeper than Western tubs); and 14 boast a private redwood sauna. Some rooms offer views of the traditional Japanese garden and waterfall, which can be enjoyed as you receive massage treatments in your room. The baseball-inspired O Izakaya Lounge serves breakfast daily and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Guests who book through the hotel's website receive a complimentary pass to Kabuki Springs & Spa communal baths.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more