- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- serene environment
- locally favored restaurant
- great neighborhood for repeat visitors
- a bit of a schlep from downtown
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Kabuki Review
A pagoda-style boutique hotel in Japantown, the Kabuki sits two blocks from Fillmore Street and Pacific Heights. All rooms are decorated with Asian furniture, silk-lined kimono robes, Asian kettles, rice-paper shoji screens, ornamental alcoves, and original artwork. Most have their own soaking rooms, which come with a bucket, stool, and a Japanese-style tub (one foot deeper than Western tubs); and 14 boast a private redwood sauna. Some rooms offer views of the traditional Japanese garden and waterfall, which can be enjoyed as you receive massage treatments in your room. The baseball-inspired O Izakaya Lounge serves breakfast daily and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Guests who book through the hotel's website receive a complimentary pass to Kabuki Springs & Spa communal baths.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more