- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Enticing, romantic, and ultrahip in one package, Vessel has a cavalier glamour that embraces you as you descend the staircase into its sleekly designed 5,000-square-foot industrial space made intimate with glowing amber lighting and low-slung benches that line exposed brick walls. New York in attitude and decor, but quintessential San Francisco in its egalitarian mix of casual Gen-Xers, fortysomething professionals, and tourists, Vessel emits a classy, sexy vibe that telegraphs "this is the place to be" without snobbishness. Light food and signature cocktails are served in the lounge weekday evenings 5 to 9. Action picks up after 11 pm, when DJs and live acts take the stage pumping through a multimillion-dollar sound system. You can escape to strategically placed cognac leather love seats or dance on top of the long plank tables spotlighted from below.
- Address: 85 Campton Pl., at Stockton St. Union Sq., San Francisco, CA 94108 | Map It
- Phone: 415/433–8585
- Cost: No cover weeknights; weekends $10–$20; reserved seating $250–$500
- Hours: Wed. and Sat. 10 pm–2 am, Thurs. 9:30 pm–2 am, Fri. 4 pm–2 am.
- Website: www.vesselsf.com
- Location: Union Square
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
San Francisco Attractions
Places with great views
Get an AAA map
Without a car
Downtown, North Beach, Wharf areas
1. Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. ... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more