- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Enticing, romantic, and ultrahip in one package, Vessel has a cavalier glamour that embraces you as you descend the staircase into its sleekly designed 5,000-square-foot industrial space made intimate with glowing amber lighting and low-slung benches that line exposed brick walls. New York in attitude and decor, but quintessential San Francisco in its egalitarian mix of casual Gen-Xers, fortysomething professionals, and tourists, Vessel emits a classy, sexy vibe that telegraphs "this is the place to be" without snobbishness. Light food and signature cocktails are served in the lounge weekday evenings 5 to 9. Action picks up after 11 pm, when DJs and live acts take the stage pumping through a multimillion-dollar sound system. You can escape to strategically placed cognac leather love seats or dance on top of the long plank tables spotlighted from below.
- Address: 85 Campton Pl., at Stockton St. Union Sq., San Francisco, CA 94108 | Map It
- Phone: 415/433–8585
- Cost: No cover weeknights; weekends $10–$20; reserved seating $250–$500
- Hours: Wed. and Sat. 10 pm–2 am, Thurs. 9:30 pm–2 am, Fri. 4 pm–2 am.
- Website: www.vesselsf.com
- Location: Union Square
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more