- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- tasteful rooms
- free Wi-Fi
- shouting distance from the cable-car turnaround, shops, and eateries
- most rooms have showers only
- on-street parking nearly impossible
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Abri Review
Near Union Square shops, theaters, and restaurants, this stylish hotel (formerly the Monticello Inn), maintains an artsy vibe, starting in the lobby with a wall of floating iPads for guests' use. Most rooms are small but well appointed, with flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, comfy bedding, and L'Occitane bath products. The lobby has a modern feel, with a recessed fireplace and warm wood and stainless-steel accents. Puccini & Pinetti, an Italian restaurant next to the hotel, provides a lively bar scene. Free gym facilities are available a block away at Abri's sister hotel, Villa Florence. Free morning coffee and newspapers are available in lobby.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more